Sunday, March 18, 2007

Hoboes

I've always been a fan of John Hodgeman ("I'm a PC"), but it has just been elevated to a whole new level. He wrote a book! And in that book is a section on hoboes, including SEVEN HUNDRED hobo names.

His website is maybe the greatest thing I've found on the Internet in years. The audio site (him reading ALL 700 names) is hysterical. (yes, I listened to the full hour, and am doing it again as I type). Plus, it turned into an internet-illustration project, and there are hundred of illustrations for all the hoboes now.

If you remain unconvinced, here are a few of my favorites:

#153: Slo-Mo Deuteronomy

#173: McGurk, Who May Be Found by the Card Catalogue

#399: Applebee O'Bennigan McFridays

#443: Hondo "Whatever That Lizard Is That Walks on Water"

#547: Myron Biscuitspear, the Dumpster Archeologist

Areas of my Expertise is definitely next on my reading list. In other news, I'm officially changing my name to "Packrat Red and and [her] Cart o' Sad Crap."

Stand by.

No comments: