Sunday, January 7, 2007

Hello, World

I have finally taken Enjanerd's advice and started a blog. Someday, when I get around to my novel, this will serve to remind me of all the ridiculous things that happen to me/crazy people I know/stupid things I do. In the meantime, this is just an excuse to come up with nicknames for everyone so I don't get sued/fired/etc. Thanks to Enjanerd and an office full of nutjobs whose everyday actions warrant nicknames, I'm pretty far along in that regard.

The title comes from one of my friends from WHOI. After over a year of conversations consisting almost entirely of "how drunk were you last weekend?" and "I'm going skiing someplace awesome so you should be jealous!" I listed him as a reference for my security clearance.

He sent me this email a couple months ago:

"BTW -- did you get your clearance? No one called me. . . I made up this great story too -- filled with intrigue, passion, danger, tequila. . . You were going to be painted an unwilling super-heroine, caught between the man she loves and the country she's sworn to protect, dancing her way toward catastrophe."

And I wonder why my interim clearance was denied.

No comments: