Wednesday, January 10, 2007

girlyness

I snuck out of work a couple hours early to go to the spa today with Enjanerd and Cheesehead. This is funny because we are the three least girly people....ever....and would have had no idea these services even existed were it not for those handy promotional dealies we fell for. So far, the two prepaid services (massage and facial) I've shown up for have been met with disbelief that I don't plan my life around regular appointments for these things, and do I know how much more healthy/happy/enriched my life would be if I considered them regularly? Eh.

At least I didn't get asked if I'd been taking snips out of my hair with a pair of scissors, like Cheesehead did today during her haircut. Ouch.

Ooooh!!! My Christmas present from Richford finally arrived. :) He bought me a slightly shorter chain for the pendant he got me for Valentine's Day last year, because the one that came with it was a little too long and he didn't like it. But the right length wasn't a stock length, so he had to buy a longer chain + service plan for the free repair/shortening, and would we be able to come back to the mall to pick it up in a few days?

Well, the mall we bought it from is in Mishawaka, IN. We explained to the nice saleslady that neither of us actually live in Indiana. The answer to "Oh, well, where are you from?" caught her even more off guard, when she discovered the reason we were in Indiana to begin with was because it's halfway-ish between my parents in Michigan and his in Chicago, but I actually live in Virginia and he lives in California. She volunteered to ship it.

It arrived today as a FedEx Priority Overnight delivery, in a Medium Box. Medium Boxes are designed for large documents and binders. It was difficult to open and took several minutes and a knife. Inside the Medium Box was lots of paper and a Small Box, still large enough to hold a 1 1/2" binder. Stuffed in there was the actually jewelry box with.....a 17" box chain inside.

Not complaining, though. :)